Wednesday, September 2nd - Welcome Back!
The Hillside PTC hopes everyone is having a terrific summer! We look forward to seeing you back at school on September 2 (grades 1-5) and welcome the incoming kindergartners to join us on September 3!
For those that are still interested in buying school supplies through School Toolbox, the link is still open. To shop, click here.
Additionally, if you are doing any shopping via Amazon, be sure to shop via Amazon Smile and select Hillside Elementary Parent Teacher Council Trust as your charity. A portion of the proceeds will be donated back to the Hillside PTC every time you shop.
- Thank you to everyone that ran to serve as School Council Representatives for Hillside. We are truly grateful to all those that stepped up! We want to share that our new Representatives are Anne Pickett and Paul Murray. They will be joining Liz Webb Green, currently serving in that position.
- We also want to say a big thank you to the Welcome Committee and the Kindergarten Play Date Committee that have been hard at work most of the summer putting together plans and launching new initiatives to welcome our newest Hillside Hornets! Additionally, the Creative Arts team has also been hard at work planning out some incredible new initiatives for the upcoming school year. We have lots of exciting things in the works that we hope all your kids will enjoy!
- While we have managed to fill most of the Committee Chairs spots for the upcoming school year, we do still have some critical ones open and we need to fill them soon. The most pressing is the Hillside-Eliot Basketball Committee. This is such a fun tradition and we need help ensuring we keep it going. If you are interested in learning more, PLEASE contact the PTC Co-Presidents: Seema Meloni or Joanna Herrera. Additionally, we are looking for volunteers to serve as chair of the Concessions committee and Fundraising. Both roles are critical for the PTC and we need your help! If you are at all interested, please let us know.
Mark Your Calendars for Some Important (and FUN!) Upcoming PTC Events
- Back to School Picnic: Thursday, September 17, 2015, 5:30-7:30 pm
Join us for this annual fun Hillside tradition. The picnic will feature a DJ & free slushies. We will also have pizza, hot dogs & waters for purchase. Feel free to pack your own picnic as well! We look forward to seeing you!
- Halloween Trick or Trot 5K Run/Walk & Monster Fun Run: Sunday, October 25, 2015
The event was so much fun last year that we've decided to bring it back! Join us for a kids fun run (0.1 mile around the Hillside field; kids younger than 12 years-old welcome to participate - all kids win a prize!) and a 5K run/walk (all ages welcome). For more event details and/or to register, use the following link. All are strongly encouraged to wear costumes - there are even prizes for best costumes!